- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur, 1992.
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1995.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, Dec 1999.
- Staff/Advisory Engineer, IBM Semiconductor R&D Center, Hopewell Junction, New York, 2000-2006.
Our research activities are in the areas of transport phenomena, reaction engineering, materials processing and micro/nano fabrication leading to the technology development of chemical sensors - utilizing both printable flexible electronics based platforms as well as conventional silicon electronics based platforms. We study the physical modification and chemical modification to fabricate functional sensing surfaces, transport phenomena of the analytes to these surfaces (including in microfluidic units), the specific recognition reactions at these surfaces, charge transport in the semiconducting materials, and device design (including transistors and arrays). There is an effort towards understanding the sensing mechanisms. These chemical sensors (including biosensors) have applications in healthcare, environmental monitoring, industrial safety, and security.
- IBM Invention Achievement Award (2002-2006)
- Jeet Bindra Research Fellowship (2010-2013)
- Golden Jubilee Chair Professor on Entrepreneurship and Innovation (2018-2021)
- P. Verma, M. Sinha, S. Panda, "Fuzzy c-Means Clustering based Novel Threshold Criteria for Outlier detection in Electronic Nose", IEEE Sensors Journal, 21, 1975 (2021).
- A. Mallya, S. Panda, "DFT study of iminodiacetic acid functionalised polyaniline copolymer interaction with heavy metal ions through binding energy, stability constant and charge transfer calculations", Computational and Theorectical Chemistry, 1202, 113288 (2021).
- D. Bhatt, S. Panda, "High sensitivity of dual gate ISFETs using HfO2 and HfO2/Y2O3 gate dielectrics", ACS Applied Electronics Materials, 3, 2818 (2021).
- S.K Gautam, S. Panda, "Effect of moisture and molecular weight of polyaniline on H2S sensing characteristics", Sensors and Actuators B:Chemical, 344, 130323 (2021).
- M. Sinha, M.K Rana, S. Panda, "Templated growth of polyaniline for enhanced gas sensing response in flexible sensors:experiments and simulations", Flexible and Printed Electronics, 6, 035007 (2021).
Recent Patent Applications
- V. Srivastava and S. Panda, "A Tactile Smart Watch for Visually Impaired", Indian Patent Application, 202011056913.
- D.K. Maurya,S.Panda, "A Process for Fabricating PANI-CSA Based Temperature Sensor and a Product Thereof ",Indian Patent Application, 202111012714.
- D.K. Maurya,S.Panda, "A Method for Encapsulating PANI-CSA Based Temperature Sensor for Enhancing Humidity Stability and Product ",Indian Patent Application, 202111014414.
- V. Srivastava and S. Panda, "Wrist Detection System for a Smartwatch ", Indian Patent Application, 202111041526.
- V. Srivastava and S. Panda, "Dial Ring Interface for Hybrid Watches", Indian Patent Application, 202111042502.
- S. Panda, B. Panda, S. Trivedi, R. Bhargava, K. Malhotra, R. Thachat, "Power Management for Electronic Applications", Indian Patent Application, 202111033249.
- S. Panda, B. Panda, S. Trivedi, R. Bhargava, K. Malhotra, R. Thachat, "Data Storage from Sensor Array",Indian Patent Application, 202111034021.