- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur, 1992.
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1995.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, Dec 1999.
- Staff/Advisory Engineer, IBM Semiconductor R&D Center, Hopewell Junction, New York, 2000-2006.
Our research activities are in the areas of transport phenomena, reaction engineering, materials processing and micro/nano fabrication leading to the technology development of chemical sensors - utilizing both printable flexible electronics based platforms as well as conventional silicon electronics based platforms. We study the physical modification and chemical modification to fabricate functional sensing surfaces, transport phenomena of the analytes to these surfaces (including in microfluidic units), the specific recognition reactions at these surfaces, charge transport in the semiconducting materials, and device design (including transistors and arrays). There is an effort towards understanding the sensing mechanisms. These chemical sensors (including biosensors) have applications in healthcare, environmental monitoring, industrial safety, and security.
- IBM Invention Achievement Award (2002-2006)
- Jeet Bindra Research Fellowship (2010-2013)
- Golden Jubilee Chair Professor on Entrepreneurship and Innovation (2018-2021)
- S. Verma, S. Panda, "Correlations of the capture efficiency with the Dean number and its constituents in heterogeneous microfluidic immunosensors", Microfluidics Nanofluidics, 24, 9 (2020)
- D. Bhatt, S. Kumar, S. Panda, "Amorphous IGZO field effect transistor based flexible chemical and biosensors for label free detection", Flex. Printed. Electronics, 5, 014010 (2020).
- M. Sinha, P. Verma, S. Panda, "Metal-phthalocyanine modified doped polyaniline for VOC sensing applications", Flex. Printed. Electronics, 5, 014014 (2020).
- V.S. Rathaur, S. Kumar, P.K. Panigrahi, S. Panda, "Investigating the effect of antibody-antigen reactions on the internal convection in a sessile droplet via micro particle image velocimetry and DLVO analysis", Langmuir, 36, 8826 (2020).
- S. Verma, S. Panda, "Effect of active mixing on capture efficiency in heterogeneous microfluidic immunosensor", Microfluidics and Nanofluidics 24, 58 (2020).
- D. Bhatt, S. Panda, "Sensitivity enhancement of Dual Gate Field Effect Transistors using stacked bottom gate dielectrics", ACS Applied Electronic Materials, 2, 2699 (2020).
- N. Kumar, D. Bhatt, M. Sutradhar, S. Panda, "Interface mechanisms involved in a- IGZO based dual gate ISFET pH sensor using Al2O3 as the top gate dielectric", Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 119, 105239 (2020).
- P. Verma, M. Sinha, S. Panda, "Fuzzy c-Means Clustering based Novel Threshold Criteria for Outlier detection in Electronic Nose", IEEE Sensors Journal, 21, 1975 (2021).
Recent Patent Applications
- S. Panda, P.Verma, "An adaptive method for food categorization based on emitted gases and their concentration", Indian Patent Application, 202011017996.
- S. Panda, N. Verma, "Electrochemical sensor for bilirubin analysis in human blood/serum", Indian Patent Application, 202011033550.
- S. Panda, S. Kumar, "Lateral Flow Immunoassay Strip and Method for Detection of Mastitis in Bovines", Indian Patent Application, 202011040118.
- S. Panda, P. Singh, K. Malhotra, R. Thachat, "Techniques for Cancer Determination", Indian Patent Application, 202011055304.
- S. Panda, B. Panda, S. Trivedi, R. Bhargava, U.K. Singh, K. Malhotra, R Thachat, "Sensor Patch for Cancer Screening", Indian Patent Application, 202011055305.
- S. Panda, B. Panda, S. Trivedi, R. Bhargava, K. Malhotra, R. Thachat,"Data Acquisition from Sensor Arrays", Indian Patent Application, 202011055306.
- D. Maurya, S. Panda, P.D. Nayak, "Screen-Printable Ink Formultion With Improved Adhesion on Plastic Substrate and Gas Sensing Properties", Indian Design Application Number, 202011053233.
- V. Srivastava and S. Panda, "A Tactile Electronic Device for Visually Impaired", Indian Patent Application, 202011056913.