- B. Tech., HBTI, Kanpur, 1995
- M. Tech., IIT Kanpur, 1997
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut, Storrs, 2002
- Post-doc, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2006
Activities in my research group focus on chemical and biological systems. This entails carrying out experiments in the laboratory, developing mathematical models and solving the models in single or multiple objective optimization frameworks. Experiments for elucidating the genetic aspects in azo dye degradation and mineralization of aromatic amines using novel bacterial consortium that will ultimately lead to novel remediation process; use of evolutionary (e.g., GA) and global optimization (e.g., BB, OA) techniques in graph-theoretic framework for array informatics (gene expression profiling and gene network analysis from cDNA microarray data); RNA interference using siRNA for neurodegenerative diseases; rational drug design (reverse engineering the structures of lead candidates from quantitative structure activity relationships) and reverse engineering the suitable biodegradable and biocompatible polymers for local and controlled drug delivery are some of the current research activities going on in the group.
- A. Chaudhary, S. Srivastava and S. Garg, "Development of a software tool and criteria evaluation for efficient design of small interfering RNA", Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 404, 313. (2011)
- P. Barsing, A. Tiwari, T. Joshi and S. Garg, "Application of a novel bacterial consortium for mineralization of sulphonated aromatic amines", Bioresource Technology, 102, 765. (2011)
- S. Garg"Array informatics using multi-objective optimization: from gene expressions to gene networks", Book chapter in Multi objective optimization: techniques and applications in chemical engineering, World Scientific Co. Pte. Ltd. Singapore, Edited by G. P. Rangaiah.
- T. Joshi, L. Iyengar, K. Singh and S. Garg, "Isolation, identification and application of novel bacterial consortium TJ-1 for the decolourization of structurally different azo dyes”, Bioresource Technology, 99, 7115. (2008)
- S. Sinha, A. K. Agarwal and S. Garg, "Biodiesel development from rice bran oil: Transesterification process optimization and fuel characterization", Energy Conversion and Management, 49, 1248. (2008)
- G. S. Sikarwar, R. Verma and S. Garg, "Gene expression profiling and gene network analysis using mathematical programming in Advances in computational optimization and its applications", Universities Press, Edited by K. Deb, P. Chakroborthy, N. G. R. Iyengar and S. K. Gupta. (2007)