- B. Tech., Chemical Engineering, IIT Delhi, 1999-2003
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst (USA), 2003-2008
My research interest is in transport phenomena at small length scales. Current research work is primarily focused on the instabilities in driven micro-scale free surface flows over heterogeneous surfaces. The wetted face of the solid substrate can have heterogeneities such as non-uniform temperature, topographical variations, solid-liquid interactions and so on. These heterogeneities lead to fascinating behavior of the free surface of the thin liquid film. Understanding of the dynamics and instability of such thin liquid film flows can be critical for micro- and nano-applications. Theoretical and computational work is on-going to better understand the dynamics of such flows.
- Young Scientist Research Award, BRNS (DAE)
- Senior Research Engineer, Saint-Gobain R & D center, Northborough, Massachusetts (USA), 2008-2012
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, IITK, 2012-2015
- H. Aggarwal & N. Tiwari, "Generalized Linear Stability of Coating Flow in a Rotating Horizontal Cylinder", submitted to Phys. Rev. E
- N. Tiwari, "Theoretical model for dip-coating of micro-patterned surface with an Ellis Fluid", Europ. Phys. Journal E, 37 (123), 2014
- N. Tiwari, "Stability analysis of a thermocapillary spreading film with slip-model ", Europ. Phys. Journal E, 37 (120), 2014
- N. Tiwari and J. M. Davis, "Influence of boundary slip on the dynamics and stability of thermally driven climbing films with significant gravitational counterflows," Phys. Fluids, 26, 102103, 2014
- N. Tiwari, A. Awasthi and J. M. Davis, "Linear stability analysis of thin liquid film flowing over heterogeneously heated substrate", Phys. Fluids, 26(1), 042105, 2014
- N. Tiwari and J. M. Davis, “Stability of a volatile liquid film spreading along a heterogeneously-heated substrate”, J. Colloids Int. Sc., 355, 243 (2010).
- N. Tiwari and J. M. Davis, “Stabilization of thin liquid films flowing over locally-heated surfaces via substrate topography”, Phys. Fluids, 22, 042106 (2010).
- N. Tiwari and J. M. Davis, “Nonmodal and nonlinear dynamics of a volatile liquid film flowing over a locally heated surface”, Phys. Fluids, 21, 102101(2009).
- N. Tiwari and J. M. Davis, “Linear Stability of a Volatile Liquid Film Flowing over a Locally Heated Surface ” , Phys. Fluids, 21, 022105 (2009).
- N. Tiwari and J. M. Davis, “Asymptotic Analysis of the Selective Dip Coating of Power-Law Fluids”, Phys. Fluids, 20, 022102 (2008).
- N. Tiwari, Z. Mester, and J. M. Davis, “Stability and Transient Dynamics of Thin Liquid Films Flowing Over Locally Heated Surfaces”, Phys. Rev. E, 76, 056306 (2007).
- N. Tiwari and J. M. Davis, “A Theoretical Study on the Dip-Coating of Chemically Micropatterned Surfaces in the Presence of Insoluble Surfactant”, Phys. Fluids, 18, 022102 (2006).