- B.Tech, IIT Kharagpur, 1985.
- M.S., University of Iowa, 1988.
- Ph.D., Lehigh University, 1992.
Research in our group is hinged on understanding the catalytic activity and selectivity issues for supported metal oxide and related heterogeneous catalyzed systems. Emphasis is placed on hydrocarbon partial oxidation for which the effects of various catalyst parameters were studied. A judicious choice of characterization techniques complimented with reactivity data assists in understanding why some of the parameters do or do not have an affect on the catalytic activity and selectivity. Designing a catalyst using modifiers has also been undertaken and from the structure-reactivity relationships and statistical methodologies, an optimum catalytic composition was determined. Specifically, the reactions studied are the ethane and propane oxidative dehydrogenation reactions and the CO2-H2 methanation reaction. Future studies will involve other hydrocarbon based reactions and the utilization of simultaneous in situ characterization and reaction techniques, coined as Operando spectroscopy, for the understanding of some heterogeneously catalyzed reactions.
- AICTE career award for the young teacher (1997).
- DAE-BNRS award for young scientist (1997).
- D. Pandey, K. Ray, R. Bharadwaj, S. Bojja, K.V.R. Chary and G. Deo, “Promotion of Unsupported Nickel Catalyst using Iron for CO2 Hydrogenation Reaction", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 43 (2018) 4987-5000.
- K. Ray and G. Deo, “A potential descriptor for the CO2 hydrogenation to CH4 over Al2O3 supported Ni and Ni-based alloy catalysts", Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 218 (2017) 525–537.
- S. Katheria, G. Deo and D. Kunzru ,“Washcoating of Ni/MgAl2O4 catalyst on FeCralloy monoliths and its application for the steam reforming of methane", Energy & Fuels, 31 (2017) 3143-3153.
- Jitendra Kumar, G. Deo and D. Kunzru, “Preferential oxidation of carbon monoxide on Pt/g-Al2O3 catalyst: Effect of adding ceria and nickel", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 41 (2016) 18494-18501.
- A.K. Gupta, M. Kiro and G. Deo, “Biodiesel production from a free fatty acid containing Karanja oil by a single-step heterogeneously catalyzed process", International Journal of Green Energy, 13, 5 (2016) 489-496.
- S. Sengupta and G. Deo, “Modifying alumina with CaO or MgO in supported Ni and Ni-Co catalysts and its effect on dry reforming of CH4", Journal of CO2 Utilization, 10 (2015) 67-77.