B.Tech. (Civil Engineering), Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 1986
M.Tech. (Environmental Engineering), IIT Kanpur, 1988
Ph.D. University of Massachusetts,Amherst,USA, 1994
Room: 304 Western Laboratory Extension
Phone: (91-512) 259 7403
- Physico-chemical processes for water and wastewater treatment
- Abiotic remediation of groundwater resources
- Advanced oxidation processes for water and wastewater treatment
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Mention in IIT Kanpur academic senate minutes for outstanding performanceas tutor in Engineering Graphics (TA101N) course in 2002-03 First Semester.
- Mention in IIT Kanpur academic senate minutes for outstanding performanceas instructor in Physico-Chemical Principles and Processes (EEM 602) in 2005-06 First Semester and 2006-07 First Semester.
- Mention in IIT Kanpur academic senate minutes for outstanding performanceas instructor in Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Systems (EEM 611) in2005-06 Second Semester.
- Rosen Memorial Award, for International ozone Association for the best
paper published in the Journal of Ozone Science and Engineering for the
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Khare, U. K., Bose P. and Vankar, P. S., Impact of Ozonation of
Subsequent Treatability of Azo Dye Solutions.
In Press, Journal of Chemical Technology and
- Sinha, R. and Bose, P., Interaction of 2-Chloronaphthalene with
High Carbon Iron Filings (HCIF): Adsorption, Dehalogenation
and Mass Transfer Limitations. In Press,
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2007.
- Bose, P. and Reckhow, D. A., Effect of Ozonation on Natural Matter
Removal by Alum Coagulation. Water Research, 41,
- Tiwari, G. and Bose, P., Determination of Ozone Mass Transfer
Coefficient in a Tall Continuous Flow Counter-Current Bubble Contactor.
Chemical Engineering Journal, 132, 2007, pp.215-225.
- Biswas, P., Bose, P. and Tare, V., Optimal Choice of Wastewater
Treatment Train by Multi-Objective Optimization. Engineering
Optimization, 39, 2007, pp.125-145.
- Sharma, B. and Bose, P., Arsenic Sequestration by Metallic Iron
under Strongly Reducing Conditions. Current Science, 91,
- Sinha, A., and Bose, P., Reductive Dechlorination of
2-Chloronapthalene by Cast Iron. Water, Air & Soil Pollution, 172,
- Lavania, A.
and Bose, P., Effect of Porous Media Composition on
End-Product Distribution during Metallic Iron Assisted Autotrophic Denitrification. Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE, 132(9),
- Saroj, D. P. Kumar, A., Bose, P., and Tare, V., Enhancement in
Mineralization of Some Natural Refractory Organic Compounds by Ozonation-Aerobic Biodegradation. Journal of Chemical Technology and
Biotechnology, 81, 2006, pp.115-127.
- Srivastava, S., Bose, P., and Tare, V., Enhancement of COD and
Color Removal of Distillery Spent-Wash by Ozonation. Water Environment
Research. 78(4), 2006, pp.409-420.