Applications are invited from Indian nationals including Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals to the posts of Assistant Professor, in the Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Biological Sciences and Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Industrial and Management Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Statistics.
1. The pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Kanpur.
2. The benefits, such as HRA (if Housing not provided), LTC, Medical re-imbursement, transportation allowance, education allowance for children, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), re-imbursement of limited Telephone expenses, Research initiation grant (up to Rs 25 lakhs), financial support towards National and International conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms.
3. The Institute also provides an additional top-up salary of Rs 25,000- per month for the first three years of service to the newly joined faculty members. After three years of service, the faculty member(s) are eligible for Young Faculty Fellowship (open for faculty of age upto 40 years) providing a top-up salary of Rs.10,000- per month for three years. The position is based on performance.
4. The Institute provides housing on campus to all faculty members. The houses are equipped with free high speed internet. Further details are available at http://www.iitk.ac.in/dofa/faculty-benefits.
5. Reservation at entry level is applicable as per G.O.I. norms. The candidates belonging to the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PwD) are required to attach the Caste/Category Certificate in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India. The Institute follows the Central list in the case of SC/ST and OBCs. The institute also encourages applications from qualified women candidates.
6. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
7. Applicants who are employed in Government or Semi-Government Organizations will be required to produce a "NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE" from their employer at the time of the interview.
8. Candidates may apply for a position in more than one department by repeating the online application process.
9. Certificate and documentary proof should be uploaded alongwith application form.
Faculty Application Process
Those who have completed their PhD are eligible for applying for a Faculty position at IIT Kanpur.
All applications submitted online are available with the concerned Head of the Department as well as the Office of Faculty Affairs. The following steps are adopted for the evaluation of the applicants.
Step 1: A group of faculty members of the concerned area of specialization gives its recommendation on the suitability of the candidates for a faculty position.
Step 2: The candidates recommended by the faculty group are called for seminar.
Step 3: Recommendation letters are sought from the referees of these candidates who are identified after the seminar.
Step 4: The Department Faculty Advisory Committee (DFAC) shortlists the candidates on the basis of the application, faculty input, seminar and referee comments.
Step 5: The shortlisted candidates are presented to the Institute Faculty Advisory Committee (IFAC) and are called for an interview.