Students from MSE and outside department can pursue Masters Degree in MSE. At the end of the course requirements, student will get B. Tech. in the parent department as well as M. Tech. in MSE. Minimum requirements for students to apply for Dual Degree program in MSE is CPI of 6.0 with no backlogs. Once admitted, students are required to fulfil the following requirements for course credits
- Total mandatory credits for Dual degree for students (both from parent branch and other departments): UG component - Nil; PG component - Minimum 54 (6 courses)
- Total credits for Master's Thesis (both from parent branch and other departments): minimum 72 (equivalent to 2 semester worth of thesis) for both
- Students from within Department can use up to 2 DE UG courses for PG part i.e. they can get up to 18 credits of waiver in their PG part in lieu of 2 DE courses taken in their UG part. In case of waiver of 18 credits, they must still complete minimum of 36 additional PG course credits in consultation with the thesis supervisor.
- Students from outside department cannot get any waiver, unless they have done some PG elective courses in MSE.
- Students from MSE department cannot opt for MSE615/ MSE616/ MSE617/ MSE626N as they are expected to have completed equivalent of these courses during their undergraduate years
- Students from other department will have to do one or more of the following compulsory PG courses (MSE615/ MSE616/ MSE617/ MSE626N). However, one or more of these courses may be waived depending on the courses a student has successfully completed in the UG part. Credits for these PG courses will be included in the required 54 credits of course work.
(from the same department)
(from other departments)