In view of the schedule for JEE Counselling Rounds, the reporting date(joining date) for finally selected students in B.Tech/B.S. programme remains unchanged i.e. 20th July 2019. Reporting time: 8AM - 5PM. Note: This reporting is different from the reporting during JoSAA counselling.
- In view of the decisions taken by the authorities of IITK, the academic fee payment this year will be done on an online portal which will be started on 20th July and will be working till 26th July. Since this time the fee payment is online, please ensure that you have at least one of the following modes of money transfer: Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card.
- The fees structure for the new admission undergraduate students is available on the first page of the following document: Click Here.Please ensure that you have the required amount of money in your account before the payment portal is live.
- The online portal for fee payment and document uploading is now live. Here is the link: Click Here.
The Documents/Items to bring before leaving for IITK has been updated in the Check List Tab
- All UG male students have to pay an amount of 9000/- through SBI I-Collect as a mess and eletricity advance, under the following categories: State-Uttar Pradesh, Type of Corporate Institute- Educational Institute, Institute name- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Payment Category- Hall 13, Roll No-JEE Advance roll number, Current month mess dues- 9000/-. Other numeric fields are to be filled with 0. Other non-numeric fields are to be filled with a '-'.
- At least two receipts of this payment are to be kept as hardcopies .
Although the academic registration is on 26th July, there are necessary formalities like the ID card making and bank account related works. For which students have to report on 20th. Also many sessions are conducted during this period which helps the freshers settle in this new environment.
Parents' orientation for finally selected students in B.Tech/B.S. programme is 21st July 2019, 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM.
- Please join the facebook group IIT Kanpur Freshers' Forum 2019 for detailed answers on queries.
You may also contact the UG Operations Team directly here
- Please keep visiting this page regulary for more updates.
Rubik's Cube Competition
The link to the Contest- Rubik's Cube
The Contest Deadline is 21st July 2018.
The link to the Contest- Photography Competition
The Contest Deadline is 21st July 2018.
English Literary Competition
The link to the Contest- ELS
The Contest Deadline is 31st July 2018.
The reporting date for the undergraduate students who would finally be taking admission into IIT Kanpur is:
20 July, 2018: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
In case of any problem with the reporting dates, contact us.
Please join the following group for further updates and doubt clarification - IIT Kanpur Freshers' Forum 2018
Students are required to report to their respective Halls of residence on the mentioned reporting dates. Students may not report before 20 July. If per chance, they arrive before 20 July, they are requested to report to their Hall of Residence only on the aforementioned date.
- Students are required to stay back on campus after reporting for the orientation programme. Parents are encouraged not to take their wards back with them after reporting as several important procedures shall be carried out on the reporting date.
- Parents will not be provided accomodation on campus by the Institute. A list of hotels in Kanpur is provided here.[Hotels] .
Go through the following link to know more about different undergraduate programmes at IITK: Future Students
The following blog contains a list of articles written by senior students of IITK to guide aspirants: That's IITK
The most popular air route to IIT Kanpur is through Lucknow Airport (IATA: LKO – ICAO: VILK). There are flights every hour between 0600 - 0900 from New Delhi. Lucknow is also connected by direct flights to major destinations like Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore
Note: Kanpur airport is now functional. A Spicejet flight is available between Kanpur(KNU) and Delhi(DEL). The campus is around 21 kms from the airport and can be reached easily using cabs.
Kanpur is connected to NH-2 that runs between Amritsar and Kolkata and connecting cities like Delhi, Agra, Allahabad, Patna. Kanpur is also connected to Lucknow on NH25 and is about 91 km from Lucknow. Cabs are available from Lucknow to reach IIT Kanpur.
Kanpur is well connected by railway network with nearly every major city. Numerous overnight trains are also present from major cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore. IIT Kanpur is about 17 km from the Kanpur Central Railway Station. Special Institute Buses will be available on the 20th of July to ferry people from the railway station to IIT-K. Tempos and Autos are also available which take about Rs. 200- Rs. 250 from Station to IITK campus
Please note that the institute does not provide accomodation to parents. Parents are suggested to arrange for their own accomodation. The list of hotels at Kanpur can be found here. [Hotels]
Following halls have been allocated to the upcoming students-
Boys: Hall 13
The reporting help desk numbers will be updated here a night before the reporting.
The Orientation Programme is organised to acquaint the students with the institute and to facilitate a smooth transition into life at the Institute.
The prospect of beginning life at a college can be daunting. You must be incredibly excited to come to the campus but at the same time you may also feel nervous and unsure about what to expect. Everyone has such mixed emotions and the Orientation program is designed to make your transition to IITK as seamless as possible.
Documents(Bring softcopy(in jpg and pdf format both)of the original documents and hardcopy(photocopy as well as original))
Class X (High School) Marksheet and Pass Certificate (Original).
Class XII Marksheet (Original).
(Also bring at least two Self Attested photocopies of the above documents)
Duly filled Medical Fitness form(same as josaa format)(the medical report that you produced during JEE reporting will do) [Download]
At least 8 passport size photographs
Valid Certificate of Category in prescribed format (OBC-NCL/SC/ST/EWS) issued by a competent authority
Valid Disability certificate (if applicable) for PwD candidates
Duly filled Anti Ragging Form [Download]
(FOR THOSE WHO ARE CLAIMING ANY FEE REMISSION)
Valid income proof(Income tax return(ITR)/Form-16 for salaried income, for non salaried income-state government attested income certificate)
Original JEE Advanced-2019 Admit Card
Final Seat Allotment Letter from JEE (This can be downloaded from JOSAA website)
JEE Document Verification-cum-Seat Acceptance Letter
Photocopy of Aadhar/PAN Card of parent/guardian.
Items check list
You may bring items for day to day living purposes, but almost everything is available to purchase in the campus including mattresses,buckets,locks.
Please click here to get the list of items you may need.
Coming to IITK
If for some reason, it is not up by then, please report to Hall 2 and then you will be directed to your allotted Hall.
NO, you cannot report late. You have to report in IITK only on the aforementioned time and date. If you are reporting late then you should inform the counselling service with a valid reason.
NO, you cannot go home after reporting.There are a lot of activities scheduled before the classes commences.
Train Route : IITK is a 45 minutes journey from Kanpur Central Railway Station. You can traverse the route either by Auto-Rickshaws which are easily available, by Institute buses depending on the timing, or by hiring cabs. Also,there would be a help desk of Counselling Service, IIT Kanpur arranged at Kanpur station. You can contact them for institute buses or for hiring autos and cabs.
Additionally, look at the reaching IITK section on the website.
Things to bring to IITK
Please click here to get the list of items you may need.
Academics and Scholarships
Please go through the Under-Graduate section under the important info tab on this website for further details.
Facilities in Hostels
They also have their own Reading Room, Computer Centre, which is open 24*7.
Every hall have their own sports equipments with some sports fields available 24*7. Every hall has its Basketball Court, Badminton Court and Table Tennis room.
In Hall 13(double room), a room has 2 beds, 1 almirah with a mirror, 1 table, 1 chair, 1 bed-table and 1 notice board.
In Hall 13(triple room), a room has 3 beds, 2 almirah with two mirrors, 2 tables, 2 chairs, 1 bed-table and 2 notice boards.
Freshers Inferno - Games & Sports (open for both UG & PG Freshers )
Takneek - Science & Technology
Galaxy - Media & Cultural
Inferno - Games & Sports
All the events are open for freshers. At the end of the academic year the performances of each pool in all competitions are combined to give the ranking for the General Championship.
The bank facilities are available within the campus. There are SBI and UBI bank branches available in the campus. Campus also have a automated ICICI branch. SBI, UBI and ICICI ATMs are also available in the campus.
There is a Food Court in the campus area in SAC (Student Activity Corner) which are available almost 24*7. It has Dominos, Kathi Rolls, Streats, Wazwan food outlets. There is also a subsidized Cafe Coffee Day outlet. And not to forget a chaat corner in front of hall 3.
Anti-Ragging Squads are also made to check its practise anywhere.
Differently abled students shall be provided with hybrid scooters or tricycles.
In case of any difficulty or query, contact the UG Core team operations.
Click here for details.
That's IITK blog(thatsiitk.quora.com)
Here, you'll find crowdsourced articles regarding life at IITK in general. With articles ranging from why IITK to departmental specific articles, this blog effectively covers the different facets of life at IITK and is a must read for students wishing to join.
- Computer Science and Engineering ~Shashwat Chandra
- Physics ~Shashwat Chandra
- Computer Science and Engineering ~Srijan R Shetty
- Electrical Engineering ~Anshul Rai
- Economics ~Prof Vimal Kumar
- Economics ~Pushp Toshniwal
- Chemistry ~Sanjana Gopal
- Economics ~Archish Mazumdar
- Mathematics and Scientific Computing ~Priyank Jaini
- Aerospace Engineering ~Praveen Honhar
- Material Science and Engineering ~Akash Bajaj
- Aerospace Engineering ~Govind Gopakumar
JEE Counselling Related
- JEE Counselling 2018 ~Prof Dheeraj Sanghi
- JEE Counselling 2016 ~Prof Dheeraj Sanghi
- JEE Counselling 2015 ~Prof Dheeraj Sanghi
- JEE Counselling 2012 ~Prof Dheeraj Sanghi
- JEE Counselling 2011 ~Prof Dheeraj Sanghi