English Proficiency Programme
Join the team
English Proficiency Programme has always drawn its academic support from
the conviction and sincere work contributed by people who are good in
English and ready to spare their time for the cause. Now it is also
feasible for EPP to avail of academic contributions from volunteers who
operate with us online across the internet, just as it has been possible
for quite some time to offer the course online.
A typical 'volunteer' or 'academic contributor' in the EPP team is a person
- who has a good command over English;
- who wants to use her/his knowledge and skills for the education of others;
- who can actually spare the time needed for it;
- who is equally ready to assume a supporting role as well as to take a lead as the prime actor, according to the need of the programme; and
- in practical terms, who can be relied upon to set, review and evaluate assignments according to a well-stated plan.
You may be given a test or two online before any task.
The selection/inclusion of a new volunteer in the team is typically through such test(s), based on which we try to figure out the level of her/his capability indicating which tasks can be entrusted to a particular team-member. As his/her own returns/benefit, a volunteer gets
- satisfaction of contributing in a worthy cause,
- further improvement of the grip over the language and its teaching, and
- a remuneration as honorarium.