English Proficiency Programme
English Proficiency Programme of IIT Kanpur was initiated in 2013 and is perpetually engaged in making an improvement to the English proficiency of
- first, the institute students;
- next, the wider campus community;
- teachers of schools and colleges; and
- finally, the entire educated people of India.
The current position of EPPstands on five assets developed during 2013-16.
A complete Course on Functional English
A lecture-demonstration video-illustration of the entire course
A strong team of academic contributors
A remarkably efficient and effective English Proficiency Test
A semester course on Language and Style of Scholarly Communication
Development of EPP can be traced through some of the documentation at several intermediate stages.
- EPP History Part II (2015-16): to be recorded soon.
- EPP History Part I (2013-15): recorded in August 2015 as part of Lesson 30 of the NPTEL course "Practical English: Learning and Teaching".
- Outline of English Proficiency Programme: as presented on 9th May 2014
- First formal launch of an EPP event (March 2014): Theme of the Programme (Posted in February 2014)
- Earlier raw events of first 8 months have no fair documentation.