Applications are invited for admission to January 2023 semester in the following programmes:
M Tech: Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Science only)
MS (BY RESEARCH): Cybersecurity * Computer Science & Engineering
PhD: Aerospace Engineering * Biological Sciences & Bio engineering * Chemical Engineering * Civil Engineering (Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering and Transportation Engineering specializations are not admitting PhD students) * Computer Science & Engineering * Design * Electrical Engineering * Materials Science & Engineering * Mechanical Engineering * Photonics Science and Engineering * Sustainable Energy Engineering * Chemistry * Mathematics & Statistics * Physics.
Detailed information on PG programmes offered at IIT Kanpur is available at:
- Reservations [EWS/SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/DAP] shall apply as per Government of India (GoI) norms.
- For Application Form, Reference Letter Form, Information Brochure, Eligibility Criteria and other relevant details, please visit:
- Students who are in final year of their programme (likely to finish the programme by Dec 31, 2022) may also apply and secure provisional admission for the session commencing in Jan, 2023 (2022-23-II Semester).
- Financial support (Institute Assistantship/Scholarship) will be provided to non-sponsored PhD, MTech and MS (By Research) students.
- Those employed in industry or a college/university/institute may apply for admission as sponsored, external or part-time candidates. Further information on these categories of admissions is available at: Important Links
- The last date of withdrawal from the programme (with Rs 1000/- deduction) is Dec 15, 2022. Only caution money will be refunded if withdrawal is done after registration.
- Refund processing will be taken up after Jan 15, 2023. Refund may take up to 21 working days.
Important Links Apply Online
Click the link for the concerned department to get detailed information about the department.
Withdrawn from the Programme:
Details on the admission for candidates in Foreign Nationals category can be found at: Click Here
How To Apply
- The online applications portal is available from Oct 26 (Wednesday) 2022, 4:00pm to Nov 11 (Friday) 2022, 4:00 pm. The deadline of online application is extended till Nov 14 (Monday) 2022, 10:00 am., Go to "Important Links".
- Indian as well as Foreign Nationals can apply only through online mode of application. The last date for receiving applications in online modes is Nov 11 (Friday) 2022 (extended till Nov 14 (Monday) 2022 now) .
- PhD applicants must arrange for two letters of reference as well. For this purpose, the names of the referees along with their e-mail addresses are to be provided by the candidate at the online applications portal. The referees will be contacted electronically through an auto generated mail with a request to submit their recommendations online.
- The application fee is Rs.500 for General, EWS, OBC and OBC-NCL candidates and Rs.250 for SC/ST and all DAP candidates. The application fee is waived for candidates in the 'Foreign National' category.
- Separate application form is to be filled for each programme.