- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur, 1992.
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1995.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, Dec 1999.
- Staff/Advisory Engineer, IBM Semiconductor R&D Center, Hopewell Junction, New York, 2000-2006.
Our research activities are in the areas of transport phenomena, reaction engineering, materials processing and micro/nano fabrication leading to the technology development of chemical sensors - utilizing both printable flexible electronics based platforms as well as conventional silicon electronics based platforms. We study the physical modification and chemical modification to fabricate functional sensing surfaces, transport phenomena of the analytes to these surfaces (including in microfluidic units), the specific recognition reactions at these surfaces, charge transport in the semiconducting materials, and device design (including transistors and arrays). There is an effort towards understanding the sensing mechanisms. These chemical sensors (including biosensors) have applications in healthcare, environmental monitoring, industrial safety, and security.
- IBM Invention Achievement Award (2002-2006)
- Jeet Bindra Research Fellowship (2010-2013)
- Samtel Centre for Display Technonogies
- The National Centre of Flexible Electronics [Link]
- D. Rath, S. Kumar, S. Panda, "pH-Based Detection of Target Analytes in Diluted Serum Samples Using Surface Plasmon Resonance Immunosensor", Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol., 187, 1272 (2019).
- D. Rath, S. Panda, "Modeling the transport and capture of analytes in a two-phase heterogeneous microfluidic immunosensor", Chem. Eng. Res. Des.,141, 272 (2019).
- A Mukherjee, K.G. Thorat, N. Sekar, S. Panda, "Change in spectral properties of dyes upon immobilization on silicon surfaces: a combined theoretical and experimental study", SN Applied Sciences, 1 (7), 678 (2019).
- D. Bhatt, N. Kumar, S.Panda, "Stacked top gate dielectrics in dual gate ion sensitive field effect transistors: role of interfaces", ACS Applied Electronic Materials, 1, 1465 (2019).
- K. Dutta, S. Panda, "Thermodynamic and Charge Transport Studies for the Detection of Heavy Metal Ions in Electrochemical Sensors Using a Composite Film of Aniline, N-phenylglycine and Graphene Oxide", J. Electrochem. Soc., 166, B1335 (2019).
- S. Panda, K. Dutta, "A Process of Synthesizing a Composite of Aniline, N-Phenylglycine and Graphene oxide and Product Thereof for Sensing of Metal Ions", Indian Patent Application, 201811036105.
- S. Panda, N. Kumar, "Development of a IGZO Based Dual Gate ISFET Using Al2O3 as Top Gate/Sensing Dielectric", Indian Patent Application, 201911005381.
- S. Panda, D. Bhatt, N. Kumar, "An IGZO Based Dual Gate Ion Sensitive Field Effect Transistor", Indian Patent Application, 201911024882.