- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur, 1992.
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1995.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, Dec 1999.
- Staff/Advisory Engineer, IBM Semiconductor R&D Center, Hopewell Junction, New York, 2000-2006.
Our research activities are in the areas of transport phenomena, reaction engineering, materials processing and micro/nano fabrication leading to the technology development of chemical sensors - utilizing both printable flexible electronics based platforms as well as conventional silicon electronics based platforms. We study the physical modification and chemical modification to fabricate functional sensing surfaces, transport phenomena of the analytes to these surfaces (including in microfluidic units), the specific recognition reactions at these surfaces, charge transport in the semiconducting materials, and device design (including transistors and arrays). There is an effort towards understanding the sensing mechanisms. These chemical sensors (including biosensors) have applications in healthcare, environmental monitoring, industrial safety, and security.
- IBM Invention Achievement Award (2002-2006)
- Jeet Bindra Research Fellowship (2010-2013)
- Samtel Centre for Display Technonogies
- The National Centre of Flexible Electronics (www.ncflexe.in)
- N. Kumar, M. Sutradhar, J. Kumar, S. Panda, “Role of deposition and annealing of the top gate dielectric in a-IGZO TFT-based dual-gate ion-sensitive field-effect transistors”, Semicond. Sci. Technol., 32, 035013 (2017).
- N. Kumar, S. Kumar, J. Kumar, S. Panda, “Investigation of Mechanisms Involved in the Enhanced Label Free Detection of Prostate Cancer Biomarkers Using Field Effect Devices”, J. Electrochem. Soc., 164, B409 (2017).
- A. Mukherjee, N. Sekar, S. Panda, “Influence of the Acid - Base Component of Surface Energy on Optical Properties of Immobilized Dyes", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 56, 13543 (2017).
- P. Verma, S. Panda, “Polymer selection approaches for designing electronic noses: A comparative study”, Sens. Act. B Chemical 273, 365 (2018).
- M.K.Rana, M. Sinha, S. Panda, “Gas sensing behavior of metal-phthalocyanines: Effects of electronic structure on sensitivity”, Chemical Physics, 513, 23 (2018).
- K. Dutta, S. Panda, “Identification of the Levels of Interference of Ions toward Heavy Metal Detection in Electrochemical Sensors Using the Barrier Width Technique”, J. Electrochem. Soc., 165, B378 (2018).
- S. Panda, M. Sinha, “A Breathalyzer for Disease Detection”, Indian Patent Application, 201611039541.
- S. Panda, M. Sinha, “Polyaniline Linked Metal Phthalocyanine Based Flexible Gas Sensors”, Indian Patent Application, 201611039574.