- One of the Institute Fellow awards 2013 is conferred upon Professor T V S Ramamohan Rao, retired faculty of Economics.
- Dr. T Ravichandran has been selected for the prestigious Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship, 2014 for his research proposal on "Literature, Technology and Environment: Global and Pedagogical Perspectives".
- The Distinguished Teacher Award 2014 is conferred upon Professor Arun Kumar Sharma.
- Distinguished Teaching Award 2013 was conferred upon Professor G Neelakantan.
- Agricultural Economics,Sustainable Development
- Applied Microeconomics, Industrial Economics and Financial Economics
- Bayesian Econometrics, Econometrics
- Behavioural Economics, Health Economics and Economic Development
- Labor Economics, Development Economics, Demography
- Law and Economics; and Environmental Economics, (Consumerism, and Environmentalism)
- New New Trade Theories, Gravity Analysis, Spatial Planning, Trade and Wage Inequality, CGE analysis using GAMS, and Trade and Environment (Trade in Climate Smart Goods)
- Optimization Theory and Algorithms
- Cognitive Linguistics, Lexical Semantics, Sign Linguistics, Indo-Aryan Linguistics
- Contemporary American Literature, Modernism and Postmodernism, Literary and Critical theories, Classics
- First and Second language acquisition, Language teaching and testing, Typological studies
- Indian Literature and Literary Theory, Translation Studies, Literary Censorship
- Indian Writings in English, Life Writing, Postcolonial Studies
- Language Documentation and Description, Language Typology, Historical Linguistics, Dravidian Linguistics
- Ethics, Political philosophy, Philosophy of mind
- Logic (Formal and Philosophical Logic), General philosophy of Science, Formal Epistemology
- Philosophy of Science, Epistemology