Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/097
Advertisement for the post of Project Scientist-I (~ Post Doctoral Fellow)
Applications are invited for the following project position which is purely temporary in nature. Applicants can apply through email giving details of educational qualification and experience.
No of posts: One
Project Title: "DST-Bioenergy & H2 MAP"
Age limit: 35 years
Either 'A' or 'B' Below.
A) For those with Doctorate (Ph.D) in Engineering
Prior Essential Qualifications: M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering / Materials Science and Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (or other relevant branch of engineering).
- Minimum percentage marks: 70% in M.Tech & 60% in B.Tech.
- If the candidate has done B.Sc. and M.Sc. before M.Tech. then 60% marks are a minimum requirement at these levels.
B) For those with Doctorate (Ph.D) in Science
Prior Essential Qualification: M.Sc. Physics/Materials Science/Chemistry (or other relevant branch of science). + 3years Experience
- Should have taken mathematics courses at B.Sc level (with 60%). B.Sc. in Physics/Materials Science/Chemistry.
- a minimum of 65% or 6.5 CPI in Master's degree,
- first division in bachelor's degree,
- Knowledge of experimental techniques like SEM, TEM, Raman Spectroscopy and Gas absorption/adsorption measurement apparatus.
- Publications of work in high quality scientific journals will be considered for selection.
- The candidate should have demonstrated verbal and writing skills in communicating results of his/her own research.
Duration of appointment: Till 15 Mar 2025 (1 year initially, followed by extension based on satisfactory performance).
Salary: A consolidated salary of Rs. 56000 per month (+ 18% HRA if on campus accommodation is not provided).
Interested candidates may apply by sending CV/bio-data and other information as follows:
(i) complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating year of passing, percentage of marks/division, (ii) complete details of relevant working experience,
(iii) career goals, (iv) Photo, (v) details of GATE/JRF qualification (valid score/qualification).
No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview. For outstation candidates Interview may be conducted via phone/skype.
Applications should be submitted to (by email, which should reach by 5 pm 25 Apr 2022):
Dr. Anandh Subramaniam
Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering, IIT Kanpur – 208016 (U.P.) India
Email address for application: firstname.lastname@example.org, (cc to: email@example.com)