Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/096
Advertisement for the post of Project Associate-I [equivalent to JRF (1st & 2nd year), SRF (3rd year)]
Applications are invited for the following project position which is purely temporary in nature. Applicants can apply through email giving details of educational qualification and experience.
No of posts: Two
Project Title: "DST-Bioenergy & H2 MAP"
Age limit: 35 years
Either 'A' or 'B' Below.
A) For those with M.Tech qualification:
Essential Qualifications: M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering / Materials Science and Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (or other relevant branch of engineering).
- Minimum percentage marks: 70% in M.Tech & 60% in B.Tech.
- If the candidate has done B.Sc. and M.Sc. before M.Tech. then 60% marks are a minimum requirement at these levels.
B) For those with B.Sc. & M.Sc. qualification:
Essential Qualification: M.Sc. Physics/Materials Science/Chemistry (or other relevant branch of science). + 3years Experience
- Should have taken mathematics courses at B.Sc level (with 60%). B.Sc. in Physics/Materials Science/Chemistry.
- a minimum of 65% or 6.5 CPI in Master's degree,
- first division in bachelor's degree,
- JRF qualified or 95 percentile or higher in GATE. Experience of three years (in research).
- Knowledge of basics of Physics, Chemistry and materials engineering. Good experimental skills.
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/her work in high quality scientific journals and conferences.
- The candidate should have demonstrated verbal and writing skills in communicating results of his/her own research.
Duration of appointment: Till 15 Mar 2025 (1 year initially, followed by extension based on satisfactory performance).
Salary: (i) 1st & 2nd year: A consolidated salary of Rs. 31000 per month (+ 18% HRA if on campus accommodation is not provided).
(ii) 3rd year: A consolidated salary of Rs. 35000 per month (+ 18% HRA if on campus accommodation is not provided).
Interested candidates may apply by sending CV/bio-data and other information as follows:
(i) complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating year of passing, percentage of marks/division, (ii) complete details of relevant working experience,
(iii) career goals, (iv) Photo, (v) details of GATE/JRF qualification (valid score/qualification).
No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview. For outstation candidates Interview may be conducted via phone/skype.
Applications should be submitted to (by email, which should reach by 5 pm 25 Apr 2022):
Dr. Anandh Subramaniam
Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering, IIT Kanpur – 208016 (U.P.) India
Email address for application: email@example.com, (cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org)