Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/39
Reference No: SCDT/FlexE/83
Date: 1st February, 2019
Applications are invited for temporary or contractual post of Project Mechanic under the project entitled “Centre for Excellence of Large Area of Flexible Electronics” at Samtel Centre for Display Technologies (SCDT), IIT Kanpur funded by DeitY (MCIT) New Delhi.
Minimum Qualification: (High School +ITI OR High School + 5 years of relevant experience
- The candidate should have at one six months’ experience working and helping out in the laboratory in an academic setting with a favourable track-record from former employers.
Candidate should have at-least six months of experience in four or more of the following
- Capability to solder: SMD, PTH, QFN, QFP, LQFP, BGA rework etc, with good trouble shooting skills and soldering and De soldering.
- Basic knowledge of managing spares inventory, preparing and maintaining service report and job sheets
- Visit to customer site or manufacturing facility for debugging place if required.
- Basic knowledge of drawing and creative skill.
- Familiar with working in clean room environment, and basic knowledge of ITO substrate cleaning and patterning.
- Fundamental knowledge of vacuum deposition systems
Salary: 8400-700-21000 /- per month based on qualification
Duration of appointment: Maximum three years or till the end of project, whichever is earlier
No. of positions: Two
The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will accordingly call for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
Note: The application should be submitted strictly online. Application will not be accepted in any other mode.
The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before 12th February, 2019
To apply for post of Project Mechanics, please click here: Apply online
Coordinator, Room No.: 305, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur - 208016 (India)