Advertisement for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Applications are invited for the following project position which is purely temporary in nature. Applicants can apply through post on plain paper giving details of educational qualification and experience.
Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF), No of posts: one
Project Title: "Computational study of the role of elastic anisotropy, surface stress and compositional seggregation in Ge-Si coherent heteroepitaxial growth"
Qualification: Either one of the below (a or b).
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering / Materials Science and Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. (i) Minimum percentage marks: 70% in M.Tech & 60% in B.Tech. (ii) If the candidate has done B.Sc and M.Sc. before M.Tech. then 60% marks are a minimum requirement at these levels.
- M.Sc. Physics/Materials Science/Chemistry. (i) Should have taken mathematics courses at B.Sc level (with 60%). (ii) a minimum of 65% or 6.5 CPI in Master's degree, (iii) first division in bachelor's degree, (iv) JRF qualified or 95 percentile or higher in GATE.
- Knowledge of finite element modeling. Experience in use of Abaqus and/or Ansys (or equivalent) finite element software.
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/her work in high quality scientific journals and conferences.
- The candidate should have demonstrated verbal and writing skills in communicating results of his/her own research.
Duration of appointment: 1 year (initial).
Salary: A consolidated salary of Rs. 25,000 per month for JRF.
Interested candidates may apply by sending CV/bio-data and other information as follows: (i) complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating year of passing, percentage of marks/division, (ii) complete details of relevant working experience, (iii) career goals, (iv) Photo, (v) details of GATE/JRF qualification (valid score/qualification).
No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview. For outstation candidates Interview may be conducted via phone/skype.
Applications should be submitted to (by email, which should reach by 5 pm 31 July 2018,Tue)
Dr. Anandh Subramaniam
Materials Science and Engineering,
IIT Kanpur - 208016 (U.P.) India
Email address for application: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc to: email@example.com