Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2023/110
Applications are invited for one position of Junior Research Fellow under the project entitled “Development of High-Energy Density Cathode for All-Solid-State Na-ion Battery”.
Minimum Qualifications for Junior Research Fellow: Postgraduate degree in Basic Science (Mathematics is essential)
Desired Qualification: Both bachelor and higher degrees in materials science/ceramics.
- Synthesis of ceramic based solid-state electrolyte
- Impedance spectroscopy
- Fabrication and testing of batteries
- Cyclic Voltammetry of solid-state batteries
- Charge-discharge characteristics study of batteries at various C-rates.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of ceramics and hands-on research experience in: processing and sintering of ceramic, XRD, SEM/TEM characterization, and electrical testing of ceramic materials.
- Candidate should have experience of handling the glove box.
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/her work in high-quality scientific journals and conferences.
- The candidate should have good written and oral communication skill in English
Salary range: INR 31,000 per month.
Duration of Appointment: 2 years
Last Date for Application: Interested candidates may apply latest by 5:00 PM on 22nd May 2023 giving complete information regarding educational qualifications (mark sheets/ certificates), work experience along with list of 2 references (emails and phone numbers) at the address mentioned below. Each of the above document is compulsory.
The applications can also be sent via email to email@example.com.
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Dr. Shobit Omar
412 Faculty Building
Materials Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur, U.P. 208016.