Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2021/222
Smart Materials Structures and Systems laboratory (SMSS), IIT Kanpur is seeking passionate and motivated researchers to work on the field of Robot Mediated Interaction with children. Experimental studies in Child-Robot Interactions are being extensively carried out in the research communities in order optimize the parameters that influences the subject's responses while interacting Robots. Multi-modal sensory inputs such as image, tactile, auditory are captured during gameplay based interaction experiments with NAO robot and subsequently the inferences are used to complement/improve the Cognitive Models of Child Learning. The selected candidate will be working in the project entitled, "Cognitive Robotics based study of Child-Robot Interaction (CRI) - Characterization of Critical Parameters and Interaction Design" funded by SERB.
Name of the Post: Research Associate - I
Salary: INR 47,000 per month.
Term of Appointment: Temporary on Contractual basis for one year or until project ends.
- Research, Design and Conducting game-play based Interaction Experiments with NAO Robot (and other benchmarking robots) and subjects of various age-groups
- Modelling and validating Cognitive Architectures of Child Learning
- Preparing and publishing research articles in peer reviewed journals
Essential Skillset: The ideal candidate should have,
- Good understanding of Mathematical modelling, Statistical methods, and Probability theory
- Experience in working with Robot Programming, Cognitive Architectures
- Experience with experimental studies with subjects/children and Design of Experiments
- Good Python programming skills
- Prior experience working with NAO or similar robot is desirable
- Good publications track record
Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. (awarded/ submitted) or M.E./ M.Tech. + 3 years of relevant experience in Engineering (EE/CSE/Mechatronics), Cognitive Sciences or related field.
Interested candidates may send their application including the details of complete professional academic record (attach copies of certificates) and work experience to the undersigned on or before October 7th, 2021, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Online interview of shortlisted candidates will be conducted. The applicant must also provide addresses (including E-mail Ids) of referees (at least two) who can be contacted.
Dr. B. Bhattacharya
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur - 16