Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/207
Smart Materials Structures and Systems laboratory (SMSS), Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur is seeking passionate and motivated researchers to work on the development of a next-generation advanced robotic system for industrial inspection. The robotic system that the group is developing is aimed at autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of Power Substations. The team comprises of researchers and professionals from a diverse background including Robotics, Design, ML/AI and Industry professionals and is looking forward to augment its capabilities with a Robotics and Design Engineer. The selected candidate will be working in the project entitled, “Design and Development of Substation Inspection Robot” funded by PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
Name of the Post: Project Engineer
Salary: Rs. 26400-2200-66,000 (per month based on qualification)
- Mechanical Hardware Design of Robotic Systems, Mathematical Modeling and Simulations
- Structural Optimisation and Design for Manufacturing (DfM)
- Fabrication and Prototyping
Essential Skillset: The ideal candidate should have,
- Experience with Design and Simulation Softwares, Solidworks/CATIA/Ansys/Abaqus
- Strong knowledge of Mathematical Modeling of Robots (Kinematics and Dynamics) in MATLAB.
- Having at least 3 years of experience in Design, Modeling and Fabrication
- Prior Experience in Robot development a plus.
Minimum Qualification: MTech. / BTech + 3-year experience or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics, Robotics or equivalent
Interested candidates may send their application including the details of complete professional academic record (attach copies of certificates) and work experience to the undersigned on or before September 15, 2022, by e-mail (email@example.com). Also please fill in this google form- https://forms.gle/jpWv7zh8y3hEiDAd8 . Online interview of shortlisted candidates will be conducted.. The applicant must also provide addresses (including E-mail Ids) of referees (at least two) who can be contacted.
Dr. B. Bhattacharya
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur – 16