Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/038
Applications are invited for a post of ‘Project Engineer (ECE/EE)’ in a project entitled “Development of Substation Inspection Robot.” The appointment duration will be initially for a period of twelve months, which may be extended depending upon the requirement. The appointment is purely temporary and on a contractual basis. POWERGRID is currently operating 262 substations with 4,51,351 MVA transformation capacity. In order to maintain this vast infrastructure and conduct preventive maintenance SMSS Lab at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and POWERGRID (PGCIL) are jointly developing an Autonomous Robot to conduct periodic inspection of these Substations. The team is seeking passionate and motivated engineers to work in the field of Sensor Technologies, Instrumentation and Robotic Integration.
Name of the Post: Project Engineer (ECE/EE) (One)
Salary: Rs. 26400-2200-66000 (Based on the candidate's suitability, additional increments will be given at the time of appointment).
Responsibilities: - Responsibilities include
- System architecture/design, developing algorithms, PCB design, programming, sensor integration, and testing.
- Integration of IR thermal and IRIS control CMOS cameras, relevant sensors and development of vision processing algorithms.
- Power system design and optimisation, ROS integration, testing and debugging.
- Essential Skill Set: Good Knowledge of,
- Analog and digital electronics.
- Developing embedded firmwares, wireless communications and sensor integration.
- Having at least 3 to 5 years of experience with embedded systems, real time systems (RTOS), C/C++/Python/ROS.
- Experience in Robot development and IOT a plus
- B.Tech/B.E. in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics or equivalent + min 3 years' Experience, OR,
- M.Tech in ECE/EE or equivalent
Interested candidates may send their application to email@example.com the details of complete professional academic record and work experience to the undersigned on or before March 14th 2022. *Extended till 25 April, 2022. Online interviews will be conducted of shortlisted candidates. The applicant must also provide addresses (including E-mail Ids) of referees who can be contacted. Please fill in the following google form https://forms.gle/DS4fTot99fmDYv7m9
Prof. Bishakh Bhattacharya
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur – 208016
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org