Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2021/234
Applications are invited for the post of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a project titled "Characterization of groundwater in seismically active regions of Uttarakhand, India: Implications for earthquake induced variations". The appointment is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Number of Posts: 01 (One)
Salary: Rs. 31,000.00 per month
Age limit: 30 years as on June 30, 2021.
Duration: 1 year initially, extendable further based on performance.
- M.Sc./M.Tech. in Applied Geology/Geology/Geo-exploration/Geological Technology/Earth Sciences/related field.
- Integrated(M.Sc./M.Tech)/BS-MS in Geology/Applied Geology/Geological Technology/Earth Sciences/related field.
- B.E./B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
- Experience of scientific programming languages (e.g., Matlab, R, FORTRAN and Python)
- Working experience with groundwater monitoring equipment and basic software packages.
- Basic knowledge of hydrogeology.
- Experience of hydrogeology fieldwork.
Duties and Responsibilities: The selected candidate is required to perform literature review, statistical data analysis, go for field trips to Uttarakhand for water sample collection and basic maintenance of equipment in the field, processing of groundwater level and groundwater quality data, and spatial analysis using GIS software.
Interested and eligible candidates are kindly requested to send a copy of their CV, scanned documents of essential/desirable qualification and a cover letter (all merged as a single pdf) to the Principal Investigator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 1st November 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the date of online interview.
N.B.: Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee an invitation to the interview. The PI reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience as per the requirements of the project.
Prof. Tajdarul Hassan Syed
Room No. 204, Old SAC Area, Block-B
Department of Earth Sciences
IIT Kanpur, Kanpur-208016