Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/88
We are looking for Senior Project Associates to work for “Indigenous 5G Testbed Project” at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK).
About the project: The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has funded 5G testbed project to encourage Indian start-ups and the industry to take an early lead in 5G technology. The goal of the project is to build a testbed that closely resembles a real-world 5G deployment. The project will deliver an end-to-end 5G testbed comprising of 5G BS and UE nodes that support enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra low latency communication (URLLC) and massive MTC including NB IoT services. This testbed could become a basis for many commercial deployments.
What is involved?
This involves designing and fabricating multiple high-end components such as baseband processing units, remote radio heads, RF modules, and baseband algorithms and software.
Who is involved?
Top Indian Institutes and start-ups such as IITK, IITD, IIT M, IISc, Sameer, and CEWiT are involved in this project. Many private companies are also a part of this effort.
What are we looking for?
Smart, dedicated, and enthusiastic people who want to work on cutting edge research problems and build hands-on experience with latest tools and hardware. The project requires a team working on cutting edge technology and tools with a goal of demonstrating of an end-to-end working cellular system. Working on this project would train you in wireless technologies that are in great demand in the job markets.
Scope of work:
Algorithms and Software development:
- 5G new radio (NR) development
- Base station, User equipment
- MATLAB, C coding
- TX/RX algorithms
- Massive MIMO
- Analog and digital board design and testing
- Baseband unit (BBU) and Remote Radio Head (RRH)
- RF front-end design for mmWave and Massive MIMO
- Design of hardware interfaces
- Porting of 5GNR physical layer algorithms on FPGA
- Optical interface (e-CPRI/25Gig)
Project no.: DOT/EE/2017508
Post: Senior Project Associate
Number of Posts: Two
Duration of the post: Two year or till the end of project whichever is earlier.
Salary range: Rs 21600-1800-54000
Minimum Qualification: B.Tech- CS/EE
- + 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- Experience in embedded processors such as ARM etc
- Experience in working with Xilinx programmable SoCs/FPGA
- Experience in low level driver development, register interface programming, bootloaders/Uboot
- Experience in embedded IP/peripherals like PCIe, Ethernet, SDRAM etc
- Background in wireless communication will be preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Verilog/VHDL
- Embedded software development for use in Linux/baremetal platforms
- Designing & developing solutions to control and configure FPGA based designs
- Device driver/BSP development in Linux environment
- Integration & debugging of subsystems with HDL/RF teams
Instructions to apply:
Please send your resume on or before 20thMarch, 2019 to the below given mail id. Please mention the project no. and post in the subject line of the email.No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur