Advertisement for Project Scientist
Applications are invited for the post of Project Scientist to work for "Indigenous 5G Testbed Project" at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK). (Post is purely temporary and on contractual basis for period of one year.)
About the project:
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has funded a large scale 5G testbed project to encourage Indian startups and the industry to take an early lead in 5G.The goal of the project is to build a testbed that closely resembles a real-world 5G deployment. The project will deliver an end-to-end 5G testbed comprising of 5G BS and UE nodes that support enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra low latency communication (URLLC) and massive MTC including NB IoT services. This testbed could become a basis for many commercial deployments.
What is involved?
This involves designing and fabricating multiple high-end components such as baseband processing units, remote radio heads, RF modules, and baseband algorithms and software.
Who is involved?
Top Indian Institutes and startups such as IITK, IIT D, IIT M, IISc, Sameer, and CEWiT are involved in this project. Many private companies are also a part of this effort.
What are we looking for?
Smart, dedicated, and enthusiastic people who want to work on cutting edge research problems and build hands-on experience with latest tools and hardware. The project requires a team working on cutting edge technology and tools with a goal of demonstrating of an end-to-end working cellular system. Working on this project would train you in wireless technologies that are great in demand in the job markets.
Scope of work:
Algorithms and Software development:
- 5G new radio (NR) development
- Base station, User equipment
- Matlab, C coding
- TX/RX algorithms
- Massive MIMO
- Analog and digital board design and testing
- Baseband unit (BBU) and Remote Radio Head (RRH)
- RF front-end design for mmWave and Massive MIMO
- Design of hardware interfaces
- Porting of 5GNR physical layer algorithms on FPGA
- Optical interface (e-CPRI/25Gig)
Post: Project Scientist
Number of Posts: One
Salary range: Rs. 26400-2200-66000
Minimum Qualification: M. Sc in Electronics with 13 years of relevant experience.
Instructions to apply:
- Experience in C/C++, Embedded C/FORTRAN or Matlab programming.
- Experience in embedded processors.
- Experience in Analog, digital board design and hardware testing.
- Experience in design of hardware interfaces.
- Experience in FPGA programming and DSP (Texas Instrumentation) real time programming.
- Experience in Multilayer PCB design with various software.
- Experience with USRP radio & GNU radio.
- Experience in LabVIEW, LTE Application framework.
- Knowledge of Antenna interference cancellation in full duplex for 5G.
- Knowledge of digital communications.
- Knowledge of Power Electronics.
- Experiences in application of wireless communication like GSM, GPS & XBee.
- Experience of Power Electronics (Chopper, Convertor, Inverter & Fault detection & diagnosis).
- Experience of All type board Soldering (except VGA) & Assembling.
Please send your resume on or before 2nd Nov 2018 to the below given mail id.
No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
Mrs. Mudigonda Manjusha
mail id: email@example.com
Dr. Rohit Budhiraja
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur