Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/219
Applications are invited for a position of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow in the project entitled, "Automatic Speech Recognition for Subtitling", funded by the Prasar Bharati, India’s Public Service Broadcaster.
About the Project: -
In this project, we focus on building automatic speech recognition (ASR) system for English, Hindi, and some other Indian languages for generating subtitles. It is a large vocabulary continuous speech recognition (LVCSR) task. The research will focus on building this system with the help of state-of-the-art platforms such as Kaldi and deep learning libraries in Python.
The responsibilities for the said role include:
- Developing state-of-the-art retrieval systems
- Supervising the data annotation team and developing/selecting tools they will need for annotation and validation of data
- Publishing research papers in top conferences and journals
- Writing technical reports
- Leading data annotation team
- Working with Prasar Bharati team for seamless deployment of the system
Job Description: -
Project No: PB /EE /2021128C
Post: - Project Post-Doctoral Fellow
No. of Posts: - 01
Salary Range: - Rs. 50000/55000/60000
Location: IIT Kanpur
- PhD in Audio, Signal Processing, Computer Science, or relevant area (candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply)
- Good programming skills in Python, C++ and Linux environment
- A strong background in machine learning, signal processing, statistics, applied mathematics, optimization, linear algebra
- Working experience with deep learning platforms such as Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Experience with handling large datasets
- Strong publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems independently and work well as part of a team
Instructions to Apply: -
Application should be sent to the following address or fill up the form https://forms.office.com/r/YqGNjUrSHB The application should contain detailed resume having details about the qualifications and experience clearly mentioned, and 2 references.
The post is for a duration of 2 years. The last date for sending the application is 28 August 2022 or until the post is filled.
Short-listed applicants will be informed for further process. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualification and work experience will not be informed or called for the interview.
Interviews will be online via Zoom.
Dr. Vipul Arora
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology