Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/211
Applications are invited for temporary post (contractual basis) of Project Associate (No. 1) for the VLSI Laboratory at IIT Kanpur.
Post: Project Associate
Minimum Qualification: B. Tech (CS/IT/EEE/EC) or B.Sc+ MCA or MSc (CS/IT)
Desirable Experience: 2 years of experience
- Linux operating system and scripting
- Update/install software/patches on servers
- Hands-on experience in installation and updating device/circuit simulation software such as ICCAP, SPICE, TCAD etc.
- Hands-on experience in network management
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux software, specialized EDA tools from Cadence, Mentor, Silvaco, Synopsys, etc. on servers and virtual machines
- Basic Linux (Bash/csh shell) scripting
- Software and hardware troubleshooting of servers, computer network, UPS etc.
- Management of computer networks, virtual servers, LDAP servers, samba servers, web servers and file system
- User account creation and authentication for Linux clients to LDAP/AD server
- Purchase and indent related works
Salary: Rs 18000-1500-45000 (consolidated) based on qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: One year (maybe extend based on performance and requirement).
No. of positions: One
The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for shortlisting of eligible candidates satisfying qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will accordingly be called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
Interested candidates may apply by 26 August 2022, 05:00 PM giving complete information regarding educational qualifications, work experience along with copies of testimonials by email to email@example.com.
Dr. Yogesh S. Chauhan
Department of Electrical Engineering
Kanpur, U.P. – 208016