Position: Project Executive Officer
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the posts of “Project Executive Officer” in the Project numbered SERB/CS/2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
- M. Tech in Computer science/IT/Electrical and Electronics with at least 7 years of experience
- At least 60% marks in academics
- Experience in academics and/or industry for more than 7 years
- Significant knowledge in Machine Learning and Cyber Security
- Significant Knowledge in Systems Programming, Computer Networking
- High Level Fluency in English language to make presentations and report writing
Consolidated Salary range: INR 35000 - 3500 - 70000.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Teach courses in cyber security in industrial training sessions with hands on
- Supervise Masters and Undergraduate student projects in cyber security and machine learning
- Write Project Proposals for various funding agencies and industry
- Give Presentations and lectures on research done at Cyber Security Center at IIT Kanpur
- Prepare presentations and project reports
- Develop cyber security strategies, penetration testing strategies, and research in the applications of ML in cyber Security
- Represent the cyber security center research at national and international forums
- Prepare course material in Cyber Security
Working hours: 8:30 am to 6 pm (Monday to Saturday).
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, copies of degree certificate and grade sheets for all 4 years of B. Tech, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission accepted only as hardcopy by postal service to the mailing address: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Head, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP.Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope.
Last date of receipt of application April 5, 2018, 5 pm. Tentative date of interview: April 12, 2018.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur