Position: Project Engineer
No. of positions: 1 (One)
Applications are invited for the temporary and contractual post of “Project Engineer” in the Project numbered SERB/CS/2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
- Tech or B. Tech plus 3 years of job experience in relevant technology field
- Experience and Expertise in Cyber Security of Industrial Control System
- Substantial Experience with SCADA, PLC and other Industrial Control System components
- Experience in Developing Large Scale Software in C#/.Net/SQL Databases and/or node.js and Java script
- Knowledge of Block Chain technology, IoT and Embedded Systems Development
- Education in Control Systems and Electrical Engineering Relevant to Power Systems
- Preferably GATE qualified
- Good command over spoken and written English
Consolidated Salary range: INR 22000 - 2200 - 44000.
Work: The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Development Lightweight Crypto for ICS Protocols
- Development of Software for Vulnerability Assessment and Threat Intelligence collection tools such as ICS Honeypots
- Development of Cyber Asset Management Tools (.Net Platform as well as Node.js)
- Development of Blockchain based Patch Management
- Supervise students and engineers in the project
- Write reports, papers, and lecture slides and give lectures
Duration: Appointment will be made initially for one year and may be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
Applications Process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting a detailed resume with all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, and scanned copies of all relevant degree and experience certificates. All documents with cover letter must be submitted by postal mail to Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208016 by the deadline. Applications without cover letter or other relevant documents will be rejected immediately. Cover letter must also mention Project Number SERB /CS /2016466. No Electronic applications will be accepted.
Last date of receipt of application: June 18, 2018, before or at 5 pm.
Tentative date of interview: June 25, 2018.
Contact Person: Prof. Sandeep K. Shukla, Computer Science & Engineering Department, IIT Kanpur