Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/344
Applications are invited for the post of ‘Junior Research Fellowship’ in the Department of Science and Technology (DST) sponsored research Project (DST/CNS/2017239).
Title of the project: “DEVELOPMENT OF NANO BIO-PLATFORMS FOR EARLY DIAGNOSTICS OF CHRONIC DISEASES”.
Project position: Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
Qualification: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests - CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, ORDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT. 11Sc, IISER etc.
- At least 60% in M.Sc. in Microbiology
- Two year experience in a research lab.
- Qualified ICAR NET and GATE (XL) with a valid score.
- Hands on experience in high temperature furnace, CVD reactor, AAS, FT-IR, UV-Vis, BET, TPR, TGA, balmilling, particle size analysis, HPLC, microscopy and Autolab (electrochemical analysis).
- Knowledge and expertise in handling of biological samples, bacterial medium and culture preparation, antigen – antibody based application.
- General knowledge of MS Office (Word, excel and power point) and graphical software ( Origin, chemDraw, METLAB)
Salary range: Rs.31, 000/ -
HRA: All research fellows may be provided hostel accommodation wherever available. Research fellowship holder residing in hostels shall not be entitled for HRA. Wherever provision of hostel accommodation is not possible, HRA may be allowed to all the above categories viz. JRF, SRF and RA as per Central Government norms applicable in the city/location where they are working. The percentage required for calculating HRA will be based on the fellowship amount.
Duration: 1 year (The minimum time period should not be less than 11 months and maximum 3 year or till the end of project whichever is earlier) .
Application on plain paper, along with the complete bio-data may be sent to the undersigned by post or e-mail (email@example.com) latest by 31.10.2019. Mention the advertisement no in e-mail or in envelope properly.
Dr. Sri Sivakumar
Centre for Nanosciences
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur -208016, UP