Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2022/190
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Research Associate-I in the DST project "Development of electrochemical biosensors for detection of emerging pollutant in water” .
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/ Physical Chemistry
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have a significant experience in classical molecular simulations, particularly Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics .
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Experience in using VASP and other DFT tools.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for module understanding new emergent pollutant and its response to peptide based selective molecules which are being developed in the department of chemistry at IIT K. The work will involve mainly density functional calculations.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated Salary: 47,000.00 + HRA as per institute norms.
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
Last date for receipt of application: Aug 15, 2022. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ph. 0512 259 7017