Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2023/58
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites applications for the post of Project Scientist-I (two) in a SERB-sponsored project “Centre for Rechargeable Energy storage systems for Augmenting Transportation and Electrification (CREATE)”. We are looking for motivated and talented candidates with prior experience in advanced battery fabrication and testing.
- Minimum qualification: Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Physics/Material Science/Mechanical Engineering/Nanotechnology or related fields with strong fundamentals in batteries and electrolyte.
- Strong hands-on experience in the fabrication of advanced batteries (Li-ion/Na-ion/Metal-air/Metal-Sulphur battery) and characterization supported by good track of experience.
- Good knowledge of electrochemistry, and battery materials characterizationsg. XRD, XPS, TEM, FESEM, FTIR, RAMAN and electrochemical characterization including CV, GCD, and EIS etc.
- At least 02 SCI papers published as the first author in the field related to advanced batteries.
- Duration of the post: One year, starting from 01 March 2023 with a possibility of one or two-year extension depending on the performance
- Consolidated Salary: Rs 56,000/- per month (HRA as per institute norms)
- Last date of receiving applications: 02 March 2023
The applicant may contact Dr. Raju Kumar Gupta (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any further details. Please do not send the application to this address.
The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Selection: The selection committee approved by IIT Kanpur reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications, experience and the recommendations. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed (online). If shortlisted, copies of relevant certificates will be required, and be checked against original certificates at the time of interview. Candidates having prior experience in battery fabrication and characterization will be given preference.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate would be the key person in driving the project along with the PI. Responsibilities include synthesis, characterization of electrode materials and their usage for battery fabrication, assisting in the lab setting/experiments, guiding research students etc.
Applications: Application should be submitted by filling out the form in the link below on or before 02 March 2023 :
Prof. Raju Kumar Gupta
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh-208016, India