Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2023/12
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites applications for the post of Project Scientist-I in a SERB/DST sponsored Project on “Ab initio Modeling of Molten Metal Batteries”. We are looking for motivated and talented candidates with prior experience with density functional theory calculations (preferably in VASP or CP2K) and Catalysis. Coding in C/C++ and familiarity with Linux environment is also highly desirable.
- Minimum Qualification: Phd in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Physics/Material Science/Mechanical Engineering with strong fundamentals in Catalysis
- Prior experience with density functional theory calculations (preferably in VASP, CP2K)
- Good programming knowledge in C/C++
- Familiarity with Linux
- Duration of the post: One year, starting from Feb 1st, 2023 with a possibility of one or two year extension depending on performance
- Consolidated Salary: Rs 56,000/- per month (16% HRA as per IITK norms)
- Last date of receiving applications: Feb 1st, 2023
The applicant may contact Dr. Vishal Agarwal (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any further details. Please do not send application to this address.
The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Selection: The selection committee approved by IIT Kanpur reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications, experience and the recommendations. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed (online). If shortlisted, copies of relevant certificates will be required, and be checked against original certificates at the time of interview. Candidates having prior experience in ab initio MD simulations in CP2K or VASP will be given preference.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate would be the key person in driving the project along with the PI. Additionally, the candidate should assist the PI running the laboratory and guiding the research of PhD students.
Applications: Application should be submitted by filling the form in the link below on or before Feb 1st, 2023:
Dr. Vishal Agarwal and Dr. Raju K Gupta
Department of Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh-208016, India
E-mail: email@example.com; ph: +91 512 259 6895