Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2023/70
Vacancy for Project Scientist
Applications are invited for the project scientist position for a sponsored project on carbon capture. In
particular, the project involves investigation of porous adsorbents for carbon capture. The candidate
should be highly motivated to work on carbon capture with an extensive laboratory experience of material
synthesis & characterization/synthesis-of-adsorbents/carbon-capture-experiments, good analytical skills,
and a strong academic track record.
- Minimum qualification: PhD in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Material Science/Nanotechnology or related fields with an extensive prior laboratory experience of material synthesis and characterization.
- The candidate should be comfortable with common characterization techniques such as SEM,
TEM, BET, TGA. Prior experience of working with mass flow controllers, high temperature
furnaces, gas chromatography, etc. is desired.
- Duration of appointment: One year, starting from April 15th, 2023, with a possibility of one year
extension depending on the performance.
- Consolidated Salary: Rs 55,000/- per month + HRA (as per institute norms)
- Last date of receiving applications: March 31st, 2023.
The applicant may contact Dr. Himanshu Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any queries. Please do not send your application to this email address.
The appointment is purely temporary and on contractual basis.
Selection: The selection committee approved by IIT Kanpur reserves the right to fix suitable criteria
for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications, experience and the recommendations.
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed (online). If shortlisted, copies of relevant certificates
will be required, and be checked against original certificates at the time of interview.
Application Submission: Application should be submitted by filling the online form in the link below
on or before March 31st, 2023: https://forms.gle/DFdhzaWcP6J6CHvy9
Dr. Himanshu Sharma and Dr. Raju Kumar Gupta
Department of Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh-208016, India