Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2020/272
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Project Post Doc Fellow in the DST project "Development of electrochemical biosensors for detection of emerging pollutant in water".
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/ Physical Chemistry
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have a significant experience in classical molecular simulations, particularly Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in the utilisation of different methods such Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation would be considered favourably.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for module for a software primarily integrating adsorption of gases in porous materials with molecular dynamics. The candidate would be working with two members of the group and also will get an opportunity to collaborate on the subject with a company. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated Salary: 47,000.00 + HRA as per institute norms.
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
Last date for receipt of application: Dec. 06, 2020. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ph. 0512 259 7017
The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online Interview. Short listed candidate s will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may be apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificate by 06 Dec. 2020.
It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application (soft copy) must be sent at following email address.