Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2023/202
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Project post-Doc fellow in the project”
- Ph.D. in Physics/Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science.
- The candidate should have a significant experience on density functional theory codes (e.g. VASP, Quantum Espresso) as well as most common machine learning tools and techniques (e.g. Scikit-learn, TensorFlow)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, good communication skills, and strong interest in computational catalysis are essential.
- A strong command of programming, particularly in Python and Fortran, is essential. Additionally, expertise in high-performance computing would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with experience/expertise in computational catalysis, adsorption mechanism and structure-property analysis.
Nature of Work
We are looking for an enthusiastic and qualified candidate with a deep interest in clean energy and a strong background in interdisciplinary research, for the role of project postdoctoral fellow. The primary objective of this position is to utilize and advance machine learning techniques in the field of catalysis, with the aim of identifying novel materials for electrochemical CO2 capture and reduction. Exceptional communication abilities are essential, along with the capacity to collaborate efficiently with the industry. While theoretical in nature, but this position will involve the application of both theory and experiment and the ideal candidate will bring experience in both areas. The ideal postdoc will have the opportunity to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent if performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Salary Range: 60,000-5000-85,000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
Last date for receipt of application: Sep 30, 2023. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to:
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ph. 0512 259 7017