Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2021/276
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Project Postdoctoral fellow in the SERB project "Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules In Super cooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations".
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/ Computational Soft Matter Physics
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have a significant experience in molecular simulations.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in molecular simulation of self-assembly of surfactant, Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation and coarse-graining would be desirable.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for developing coarse-grain models of amphiphilic surfactants in aqueous systems and investigate the nucleation behaviour under super cooled environment using molecular simulations. The candidate would be working with two members of the group and also will get an opportunity to collaborate on the subject with a company. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated Salary: 50000-55000-60000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
Last date for receipt of application: Dec.31, 2021. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to:
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Ph. 0512 259 7017