Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2022/048
CNIS Lab, IIT Kanpur invites application for the post of Project Post Doc Fellow (Post-doctoral research fellow) in the SERB project "Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules in Supercooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations" .
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/ Computational Physics
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and statistical thermodynamics.
The candidate must have a significant experience in
- Development of molecular models,
- Writing Monte Carlo or molecular Dynamics simulations
- The candidate must have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in molecular simulation of self-assembly of surfactant, Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling), nucleation theory and simulations would be desirable.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
Nature of Work
The candidate would investigate supercooled water structural and dynamical properties in presence of amphiphilic surfactants using state-of-art methods. In particular, the candidate is expected to also contribute new methods or means to investigate nucleation mechanism!
The candidate would be working closely with two members of the group.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent if performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated Salary: 50000-55000-60000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview over zoom.
Last date for receipt of application: March 17, 2022. Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering