Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2023/85
Vacancy for Senior Project Associate
About the group/team:The team has made impactful contribution at nation-wide scale to address the challenges of Air Pollution and Climate Change. Under the leadership of Prof.S.N.Tripathi, the team has built ground-breaking innovative approaches for indigenously built low-cost sensor-based network technologies for nation-wide urban air quality monitoring and Real Time Source Apportionment (RTSA). Recently, the group has been awarded the International Centre of Excellence on advanced pollution monitoring technologies recognized by the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India. This work will be carried out as a part of this Centre. The group is presently establishing large-scale Air Quality Monitoring (AQM) sensor network across Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. The group is also setting-up a mobile AQM laboratory for Dynamic Hyper-local Source Apportionment studies across Lucknow and Kanpur.
About the position
We are looking for one Senior Project Associate who should be primarily in charge of data servers and aid in website development.
- B.Tech + 1year experience OR M.Sc / MCA + 1year experience ORB.Sc + 4years experience in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or relevant fields.
Relevant skills & experience
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and networking.
- Experience in Systems Administration, Hardware Maintenance and LANImplementation.
- Installation, Maintenance and operation of servers, PCs and Networking Components.
- Knowledge in PHP, MySQL and web technologies like HTML, CSS and JS.
- Knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP Protocol Stack.
- Proficiency in programming in C/Python/Java will be an added advantage.
Compensation & benefits
- Salary scale: Rs.25900-2100-63700 per month (Salary shall be commensurate with experience & skills)
- He/she will get the opportunity to work in a conductive environment and can avail the hostel/family accommodation facility (according to availability) at IIT Kanpur.
- As regards the medical facilities, only the OPD facility for self shall be available at the Health Centre of IIT Kanpur without any reimbursement of cost of medicines. Any outside referral shall not be reimbursed. For the purpose, a medical booklet shall be provided to you on request.
Duration of Appointment
- The post is purely temporary and is on contractual basis.
- The appointment for the post is up to two years or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier. Appointment will be initially for one year. Renewal of appointment will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. The selection will be based on two stage interviews: online and in person. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may apply via email (to email@example.com) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by April 27, 2023.
Please mention the post applied for and the advertisement number in subject line of the email.
Dr. Sachchida N. Tripathi, Professor
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur - 208016