Applications are invited for the following temporary & contractual post to work as Project Technician in the project "FMS operations in CC". The details of the project, position and required qualification and experience of applicant are given below:
About the Project:
This is an Institute funded project to provide Facility Management Services to 10 Labs in the New Core Building, Drawing Hall and IME Building. The labs operate from 8 AM to 2 AM on all days including Saturdays and Sundays except on some select holidays as declared. Each lab would have a technical person deployed to look after the software maintenance, ensure proper usage of the lab and do other activities as instructed by the lab in-charge.
Post: Project Technician
B.Sc. + 4 years of relevant (IT related) experience.
3 Years Engineering Diploma +4 years relevant (IT related) experience
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Over 3 years of IT experience in IITs or other institutes of higher education.
- Experience in managing large computer labs with large number of specialized application software
- Update/modify/install software/patches on large number of computers in short time via scripting/cloning or other techniques
Please note that the selected persons would be required to work in day shift (8AM to 5 PM) or night shift (5 PM to 2 AM) on all days including Saturdays and Sundays on a 26 day month basis. The facility will remain closed only on select holidays as declared.
Nature of work:
The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, upgrade, support and troubleshooting of various operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 and several flavors of Linux)
- Technical expertise in Software and Hardware troubleshooting
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of printers
- Installation and maintenance of specialized software like AutoCAD, ASPEN, EVIEWS, STATA, SPSS, MATLAB, SciLab etc
- Deployment of Windows/Linux via disk cloning
- Software and Patch Management
- Knowledge to join Linux Client to NIS and Ldap server for user authentication
- Attend & resolve day to day problem related to the operating system, network & applications
Salary: Rs. 14400-1200-36000/- per month based on qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: one year (extendable, on yearly basis, based on performance)
Number of position: two
The post is purely temporary, and are for the duration of one year. Interested candidates are requested to apply with CV containing complete details of education and experience. If shortlisted, copies of the relevant certificates will be required, and will be checked against original certificates at the time of interview.
The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
Application giving full details of qualification and experience with copies of relevant certificates and contact details of at least two references may be submitted by 20 Dec 2018 addressed to:
Head, Computer Centre
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur-208 016 UP
Phone : 05126797252