Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/89
Applications are invited for the following temporary & contractual post to work as Project Technician in the project “FMS operations in CC”. The details of the project, position and required qualification and experience of applicant are given below:
About the Project:
This is an Institute funded project to provide Facility Management Services to 10 Labs in the New Core Building, Drawing Hall and IME Building. As an extension, this position is for Linux Labs in Computer Centre building, which operate round the clock.
Post: Project Technician
Minimum Qualification 3 years Engg. Diploma (CS/IT/EE/EC)+4 years relevant experience Or B.Sc. (CS/IT/Electronics/Math) +4 years of relevant experience.
Desirable Qualification and Experience:
- Knowledge of Linux operating system, computer hardware and networking.
- Candidates with knowledge of SSH, Linux firewall, patch management will be given preference.
- Experience in managing large computer labs with large number of specialized application software.
- Person with demonstrated software development will have added advantage.
Nature of work:
The candidate’s profile along with tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To carry out routine maintenance work of servers/computers and other IT related equipment
- Should be open to learning
- To carry out emergency instructions (for example, to reboot a machine or shut down a lab) at any hour of the day, as and when required.
- Resolving problems of Faculty, Staff and Students regarding operating system and application software
Please note that the labs operate from 8 AM to 2 AM on all days including Saturdays and Sundays except on some select holidays as declared. Each lab would have a technical person deployed to look after the software maintenance, ensure proper usage of the lab and do other activities as instructed by the lab in-charge.
Salary: Rs. 14400-1200-36000/- per month based on qualification and experience.
Duration of appointment: one year (extendible, on yearly basis, based on performance)
Number of position:One (01)
The posts are purely temporary, and are for the duration of one year. Interested candidates are requested to apply with CV containing complete details of education and experience. If shortlisted, copies of the relevant certificates will be required, and will be checked against original certificates at the time of interview.
The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
Application giving full details of qualification and experience with copies of relevant certificates and contact details of at least two references may be submitted by 25 March 2019 addressed to:
Head, Computer Centre
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur-208 016 UP
Phone : 05126797252