- TEQIP Workshop on Modeling, Simulation & Implementation using MATLAB & Simulink will be held at IIT Kanpur on February 1-2, 2017
- TEQIP School on Mechanics of Reinforced Polymer Composites will be held between 22-25 January 2017
- Rarefied and Microscale Gases and Viscoelastic Fluids: a Unified Framework will be held between 23 Feb - 2 March 2017
- International Workshop on Energy, Propulsion and Environment will be held between 8-11 March 2017
TEQIP workshop on System Engineering
[16 - 20 December 2013]
System engineering is an interdisciplinary approach and means to enable the realization of successful system. It focuses on defining customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, then proceeding with desing synthesis and systems validation while considering the complete problem including operations, performance, test, manufacturing, cost and schedule . This workshop emphasizes the links of system engineering to fundamentals of decision theory and statistics.
- System Engineering Theory: Perspectives of systems, system types and system architectures. Value of system engineering process and life cycle models, system engineering standards
- Approach: The systems Approach, General Problem Statement, Requirements and functional analysis, Capibility documents and specification, synthesis & architecting, systems analysis.
- Costing: system affordability, Value analysis & Engineering, verification, validation and test.
- Hands-on: Product realization, Integration & Transition interface analysis, desing for specialities (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Interoperability, Manufacturability, Sustanability)
Organized by: Dr. Deepu Philip & Team, IIT Kanpur