Smart City in IIT Kanpur Context :
- Smart City at IIT Kanpur includes 10 substation of IIT kanpur power distribution network.
- 10 substation of IIT kanpur feed around 9.2MW load of the institution.
- The main substation is 33KV/11KV substation that takes supply from the grid.
- The other substations are 11KV/440V substations which are connected to the main substation
are responsible to feed the academic and residential load of IIT Kanpur.
- The Smart City pilot is designed in such a way that the future expansion, upgradation,
development works are possible.
- Most of the smart devices will be connected in plug and play format. The technology
smart grid standards and protocols such as IEC61850 , Common Information Model for the
interoperability of data and message among various applications.
- Enterprise service bus (ESB) will serve as the backbone for the data exchange under the
smart city pilot.
- It also includes home automation of 20 houses along with the 5kwP installation of PV system
at each house.
- Development of central control center is to be done where monitoring & control of all the
substation will be done.