Career Opportunities at Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Applications are invited from Indian and foreign nationals for full-time positions of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor to carry out teaching and research in new, renewable, clean, alternative, and futuristic energy technologies.
Department's priority areas
- Generation: next generation solar photovoltaics, fuel-cells, hydrogen energy
- Storage: batteries and supercapacitors, hydrogen storage for next-gen mobility, CO2 sequestration
- Transmission and efficiency: Smart grid and grid integration, electric vehicles, EV charging, power distribution and transmission, control systems
- Alternative fuels: clean fuels, hydrogen, CO2 to fuels, waste to energy
- Energy and the built-environment: energy efficiency, sustainability, resilience and climate adaptability, net-zero and smart buildings
- Energy policy, energy economics, circular economy, climate policy, energy and climate modelling and studies
We currently offer Masters' and Ph.D. programs in Sustainable Energy Engineering, and will soon start a Bachelors' program.
Facilities and support:
- Extensive laboratory facilities with advanced state-of-the-art equipment.
- Generous start-up package for initiating research, a relocation allowance, and a top-up salary of 25,000 per month (for the first three years) to all new faculty members.
- Lush green campus with excellent flora and fauna. On-campus facilities include house maintenance support, primary healthcare, schools up to 12th standard, children's day-care, extensive sports facilities, an Olympic size swimming pool, banks, ATMs, a post office, wireless internet throughout the campus, cafes, restaurants, and a shopping complex to meet daily needs.
- The campus is located on GT Road and is easily accessible from Lucknow (90 km, ~2 hr) and Kanpur airports (30 km) as well as Kanpur railway station (20 km).
The applicants must have a proven research record in the above areas, supported by high-quality research publications and patents. The applicant must possess a doctoral degree from a reputed university or institute with an undergraduate degree in an appropriate area of engineering or sciences with mathematics desirable as a subject at the undergraduate level. Other degrees may be considered for excellent applicants working in energy policy and economics.
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions):Ph.D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch.
In addition, for:
Associate Professor : Associate professor: 6 years of teaching/research/industrial experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
Assistant Professor : Assistant professor: For a fresh Ph.D., the position will be on a contract-basis for the first three years, and will be regularized afterward. Regular appointments can be made for those with three or more years of teaching/research/industrial experience.
For more information please visit the department website at: https://www.iitk.ac.in/see
Apply online at: http://www.iitk.ac.in/dofa