- Starting with a small group of 6 students, the school now has more than 230 children providing education till class 8 to the children of economically weaker section in and around IIT Kanpur campus.
- Established in 1967, the Opportunity school is recognised by UP Board of Education.
- Shri Harihar Prasad Singh building for Opportunity School is donated by Dr. Chandralekha Singh and was inaugurated on 2nd Feb 2020.
- The main objective is to help students develop their full academic potential along with extra classroom activities like Art and Craft, music, dance, drama, jewellery making, sports, quizzes etc.
- Infrastructure include a science laboratory, computer laboratory, activity room, A/V room and library.
- Scholarships are offered to talented and eligible students for Higher education.
- The school is working towards CBSE affiliation to start classes 9 and 10 in the near future.
- For detailed information Click here