The lectures will enable the participants to learn the fundamental concepts of HPC and its applications in solving a wide range of engineering problems. The theory covered in lectures will be followed by lab experiments on HPC system. These hands on experiments will allow the participants to grasp the concept covered in class better through small programming tasks.
The school is targeted towards graduate students, post-doctoral students, young lecturers, and faculty members working or planning to work in the area of HPC.
The participants should have basic knowledge of writing programs in C, Fortran, etc.
The course will cover the following.
- Introduction to High-Performance Computing
- Hands-on parallel programming (OpenMP, MPI, Tensorflow and GPU)
- Parallel-programming using python
- Applications of HPC in Science and Engineering: case studies
- Overview of data mining using HPC