English Proficiency Programme: Motivation
An alarmingly large majority of educated Indians try to manage 40-50 productive years of
their life with weak English, poor English, wrong English, or paralysed/dysfunctional English.
Because (i) they do not put in a sincere effort of ONE year to improve their English
and (ii) nobody tells them that English is just a language, which cannot be very difficult to master.
On the issues of learning English as an additional language
At the right age (childhood)
- Not needed by the child for his/her own purposes
- Lack of background/ability/consciousness among parents
- Incompetence and lack of seriousness among teachers
- Lack of material and method
- Need: Systematic course material and methodology; AND dedicated teachers.
- Lack of attention
- Pressure of responsibilities
- Change of priorities
- Opinion and autonomy
- Need: Systematic course material; AND resolve, patience and discipline.
For people in general
- False sense of knowledge
- False sense of inability
- Lethargy of taking up new/difficult task
- Reluctance to spend futile effort
- Fear of failure
- Learning seeming optional and of limited utlity
- Lack of confidence on the teacher/material/method/oneself
- Trust, patience, discipline and long-term commitment;
- The will to develop the ability to
- understand any level of English,
- express any thought/feeling in English.
Audience of EPP
For whom is this course?
- School teachers,
- College and university students,
- Parents of young children,
- Professionals, particularly in secretarial and administrative jobs,
- ... And, others.
Who are taking this course?
People in all the above categories
- who think their English needs improvement and wish to improve,
- who are not sure of their English level and want to find out,
- who consider their English proficiency as adequate or good, yet would
like it to be confirmed or certified, or
- who want to find out an effective method to teach English.
The promise of this course is not
- that it will make an expert out of you starting from any level.
The promise is
if you follow it sincerely.
- that it will give you significant improvement starting from any level,
And, the bonus:
- beyond a threshold - so much power, such beauty - a delight, a blessing!
Features of EPP course
- A systematic scheme
- A representative and suggestive set of material
- Material and Method rolled together
- Starting from the base, targetting the top
- Beneficial use of the medium of CLL
- Scalability for audience of different backgrounds
- Modular Structure