Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/280
Date: 19th August, 2019
Applications are invited for temporary & contractual post of Junior Research Fellow under the project entitled "Large Area Opto-Electronics for Australia and India: From Materials to Advanced Devices" at Samtel Centre for Display Technologies (SCDT), IIT Kanpur funded by AISRF and Department of Science and Technology.
Minimum Qualification: Post graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET qualification, OR Graduate degree in Professional Course, with NET/GATE, OR post-graduate in Professional courses.
Desirable Qualification: M.Tech or B.Tech. + 3 years experience or M.Sc. + 3 years experience or Ph.D.
Educational background should be in optics or photonics, electromagnetics, semiconductor physics, nanotechnology, organic electronics, electronic materials, and microsystems.
- Experience in optoelectronic device simulation using tools like Setfos, Lumerical, COMSOL, or similar.
- Experience in optics design, ray tracing in multilayer thin films, design/fabrication of micro-optical components like micro-lens arrays/periodic microstructures.
- Experience in handling optics and building optical characterization setups
- Experience in fabrication of organic electronic devices, OLED stack development, etc.
- Experience in programming using MATLAB or similar tools
Nature of work:
- Optical design and efficiency improvement of OLED stacks with outcoupling structures.
- Study the effect of outcoupling structures on the emission characteristics
- Fabrication of solution processed OLEDs with different outcoupling structures.
- Experimental design and analysis of experimental data
- Testing of OLED devices and documentation
Salary: Rs. 31000/- (HRA as per institute norms)
Duration of appointment: One year or the end of project term
Number of positions: One
Note: The application should be submitted strictly online. Application will not be accepted in any other mode.
The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before 30th August, 2019
To apply for post of Project Engineers, please click here: Apply online (https://forms.gle/ncskocQkwKCQ9h5c6)
Please note that no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Project Investigator , Room No.: 305, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur - 208016 (India)