Advertisement for a Project Engineer at IIT Kanpur
Overview: The Machine Tools Dynamics Laboratory in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at IIT Kanpur is looking for a candidate to work as a Project Engineer on a SERB sponsored research project on ‘Dynamics and stability of circular sawing processes’. The position is purely temporary and for one year initially. After the first year the tenure could be extended subject to satisfactory performance. The nature of the work will be to support the research activities of the laboratory and the project. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge science and technologies, and be part of shaping the future of machine tool related research activities for India.
Designation: Project Engineer
Salary range: 22000-2200-44000/- (consolidated) per month based on qualification
Minimum essential qualifications: B.Tech + 3 years exp. or M.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
Candidate should desirably have the following:
- Knowledge of design of machine elements
- Knowledge and experience with 3D CAD modelling
- Hands on experience in machine tool design
- Knowledge about machining processes
- Knowledge about dynamics and vibrations
- Knowledge about development of NC Programmes for CNC Turning and Machining Centres
- Knowledge of selection of tools & cutting parameters for various CNC machining operations
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Be well versed with MS office
Last date of receipt of application: May 11, 2017
Desired start date: June 2017
Interested persons should send their application (electronically only) to the email address below. Please include the word “[Project Engineer]” in the subject line of your email. Please specify your telephone number so that you may be called on short notice.
The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will accordingly be called for an interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
Dr. Mohit Law
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
+91 512-679-6897 (O); +91 9717103329 (M)