Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/359
Applications are invited for one position of Project Scientist or Project Engineer under the CPRI sponsored project entitled “Thermoelectric Power Generator for Clean Energy Generation by Recycling Waste Heat Generated in Power Plant”. Research potential of the applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
The post is purely temporary and on contractual basis. The appointment would be initially given for one year, on an extension basis up to a maximum duration of 2 years.
Post: Project Scientist / Project Engineer (one)
Project Title: Development of Solid-state Thermoelectric Power Generator for Electricity Generation from Waste Heat in Steel Plant
For Project Scientist Position:
- PhD in Materials Science/ Metallurgy/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Electrical Engineering from reputed university or institute.
For Project Engineer Position: - M.Tech in Materials Science/ Metallurgy. Or B.Tech in Materials Science/ Metallurgy with 3 years relevant experience
Salary Range: Rs. 26400-2200-66000/- per month consolidated
Desired Experience/ Qualification:
- Strong background in Oxide electronics and electronic materials. PhD thesis on thermoelectrics is ideal for this position.
- Hands-on experience in measurement of Seebeck coefficient, electrical conductivity, thermal diffusivity, specific heat, Hall measurement etc. in the wide range of temperature.
- Expertise on structural and microstructural characterization techniques like XRD, XPS, SEM, TEM. knowledge of Rietveld refinement of crystal structure using XRD data will be useful.
- Experience in device fabrication and device simulation will be extremely beneficial for this project.
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/her work in high quality scientific journals and conferences.
- The candidate should have demonstrated verbal and writing skills in communicating results of his/her own research.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Shortlisted candidates would be called for a presentation and interviewin person or via skype.
Those interested must submit their application as a single PDF file comprising the followings by e-mail to the undersigned (email@example.com) before 12th December 2019.
The application must contain:
- Current curriculum vitae including all educational/academic details.
- A complete list of publications/ patents
- Contact Information for Three References including name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Note: The institute reserves the right fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligiblecandidates.Onlytheshortlistedcandidateswillbecalledforthe interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Prof. Tanmoy Maiti
412 Faculty Building,
Materials Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur, U.P. 208016.