Advertisement Number: P.Rect./R&D/2019/177
Applications are invited for one position of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow under the SERB sponsored IMPRINT-II project entitled “Development of Solid-state Thermoelectric Power Generator for Electricity Generation from Waste Heat in Steel Plant”. Applicants are expected to hold a PhD in an appropriate area as mentioned below. Research potential of the applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
The post is purely temporary and on contractual basis. The appointment would be initially given for one year, on an extension basis up to a maximum duration of 3 years.
Post: Project Post-Doctoral Fellow (one)
Project Title: Development of Solid-state Thermoelectric Power Generator for Electricity Generation from Waste Heat in Steel Plant
Minimum Qualification: PhD in Materials Science/ Metallurgy/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Electrical Engineering from reputed university or institute
Salary Range: Rs. 50000/ 55000/60000/- per month consolidated
Desired Experience/ Qualification:
- Strong background in Thermoelectrics and Oxide electronics. PhD thesis on thermoelectrics is ideal for this position.
- Hands-on experience in measurement of Seebeck coefficient, electrical conductivity, thermal diffusivity, specific heat, Hall measurement etc. in the wide range of temperature.
- Expertise on structural and microstructural characterization techniques like XRD, XPS, SEM, TEM. knowledge of Rietveld refinement of crystal structure using XRD data will be useful.
- Experience in device fabrication and device simulation will be extremely beneficial for this project.
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/her work in high quality scientific journals and conferences.
- The candidate should have demonstrated verbal and writing skills in communicating results of his/her own research.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Shortlisted candidates would be called for a presentation and interview in person or via skype.
Those interested must submit their application as a single PDF file comprising the followings by e-mail to the undersigned (email@example.com) before 12th June 2019.
The application must contain:
- Current curriculum vitae including all educational/academic details.
- A complete list of publications/ patents
- Statement of Purpose highlighting reasons for applying, proposed research and work plan in relation to this position.
Important: Please arrange Two Reference Letters to be directly sent to Dr. Tanmoy Maiti(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: The institute reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Prof. Tanmoy Maiti
412 Faculty Building,
Materials Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur, U.P. 208016.